A biofertilizer (also bio-fertilizer) is a substance which contains living microorganisms which, when applied to seeds, plant surfaces, or soil, colonize the rhizosphere or the interior of the plant and promotes growth by increasing the supply or availability of primary nutrients to the host plant.
- Very much easy to use by the farmer.
- These are means of fixing the nutrient availability in the soil.
- The production of plant hormones,
- Biofertilizers are cost effective when compared to traditional fertilizers
- Helping make plant nutrients more available to the plants,
- High export potential.